Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Critique: In Progress

Through observing critiques and getting feedback on my work, I have a better idea of how I am going to execute my ideas.  Through hearing what my classmates and professor had to say, I was able to figure out a way to make my transitioning of my statue figure more obvious by incorporating some sound effects that were suggested in class.  Critique pushed me to consider how I was going to make the transformation fit the aesthetics of the overall video.  I went back and looked at the filters I was using and adjusted them to make it less shaky for the viewers, but also added  other filters or effects to make certain colors pop. 

I decided to add to the imagery or changed some things around, visually, in order to make my work an effective multichannel piece.  I would have liked to have kept the single channel with multiple screens because I liked the look of it, but it wouldn’t have met the requirements. Therefore, I am still considering using two desktops or may experiment with the projectors, depending on how I like the feeling of the large or smaller scale.  I feel that I like the way it looks on monitors because of the detail and color is better.

Overall, I was satisfied with the footage I had and the direction I went with.  I want to keep the text and old feel of the myth.  Critique did not change my direction, but helped me better meet the requirements and push my work to be more successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment